DMCA COPYRIGHT POLICY
Geekletes has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement on these Services in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”).
If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Geekletes’s Designated Agent, identified below, in writing with the information listed below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Geekletes that your copyrighted material has been infringed. Geekletes does not and will not make any legal decisions about the validity of your claim of infringement or the possible defenses to a claim. When a clear and valid notice is received pursuant to the guidelines set forth below, Geekletes will respond by either taking down the allegedly infringing content or blocking access to it. Geekletes may contact the notice provider to request additional information. Under the DMCA, Geekletes is required to take reasonable steps to notify the user who posted the allegedly infringing Content (“Alleged Infringer”). The Alleged Infringer is allowed under the law to send Geekletes a counter-notification. Notices and counter-notices are legal notices distinct from regular activities or communications made via these Services. We may publish or share them with third parties in our sole discretion (in addition to producing them pursuant to a subpoena or other legal discovery request). Anyone making a false or fraudulent notice or counter-notice may be liable for damages under the DMCA, including costs and attorneys' fees. Any person who is unsure of whether certain material infringes a copyright held by such person or a third party should contact an attorney.
Reporting Instances of Copyright Infringement:
To file a DMCA notice, the copyright owner must send in a written letter by fax, regular mail, or email only. We reserve the right to ignore a notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA, and we may, but are not obligated to, respond to a non-compliant notice.
If you believe that Content residing or accessible on or through these Services infringes a copyright, please send a DMCA notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below. The DMCA notice must:
• Identify specifically the copyrighted work(s) believed to have been infringed (for example, “My copyrighted work is the picture that appears at [list location where material is located].”);
• Identify the Content that a copyright owner claims is infringing upon copyrighted work. The copyright owner must provide information reasonably sufficient to enable us to locate the item on these Services. The copyright owner should provide clear screenshots of the allegedly infringing materials for identification purposes only. The information provided should be as detailed as possible;
• Provide information sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner directly: name, street address, telephone number, and email (if available);
• If available, provide information sufficient to permit us to notify the Alleged Infringer (email address preferred);
• Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”;
• Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”;
• Be signed; and
• Be sent to our DMCA designated agent at the following address:
DMCA Designated Agent
Attn: Legal Department – IP Department
921 W. Belt Line Road, Suite 181
Desoto, TX 75115 U.S.A.